- Where is the Chamber located?
Our main office is located on the northwest corner of Pembroke Road and Douglas Road in Pembroke Pines. The address is 9001-B Pembroke Road, Pembroke Pines, FL 33025. Our Weston satellite office is open on Wednesdays, and is located at Rick Case Volkswagen. The address is 3520 Weston Road, Weston, FL 33331.
- Is [COMPANY NAME] a member of the Chamber?
Membership in the Chamber is open to any company and does not imply our endorsement of the organization. We will not confirm the membership status of organizations. Many of our members display a plaque or window cling with the Chamber membership logo, or will have our logo on their website. To find out if a specific company is a member, please search our Member Directory, which is searchable by business category and company name. If the purpose of your request is to determine the validity of a company, we suggest that you contact the Better Business Bureau or the state and local consumer protection agencies. The Federal Trade Commission also has a useful website for consumers.
- Can you tell me if [COMPANY NAME] is a legitimate company?
The Chamber is not a federal government agency, and therefore has no authority to investigate how companies conduct business. Your best sources for researching a business is the Better Business Bureau and your local consumer protection agencies. The Federal Trade Commission has information for consumers on how to avoid scams and rip-offs, as well as tips on other consumer topics.
- How do I file a complaint about a business or organization?
The Chamber is not a federal government agency, and therefore has no authority to investigate how companies conduct business, nor are we able to accept complaints. You can file a complaint against a business with the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection and the Better Business Bureau.
- Will you sending me information on visiting or relocating to Weston?
The Chamber does not provide tourism or relocation information. You can find useful information on visiting or relocating on our Relocation page.
- What is the tax status of the Chamber?
The Weston Florida Chamber of Commerce is a subsidiary of the Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber of Commerce is a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code. IRC Section 501(c)(6) is reserved for business leagues, chambers of commerce, boards of trade, or other similar organizations.
- What is the difference between the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and my state, county or local chamber?
Although all chambers can work with all levels of government, they tend to concentrate their efforts on specific levels: Local chambers of commerce tend to focus on local issues, state chambers on state issues, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce focuses on national issues at the federal government level. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is not a governing body, chartering agent, or a regulatory agency for chambers of commerce, and they have no say in how chambers decide to run themselves. Any community can organize and support a chamber of commerce.
- What is the difference between the chamber and other business organizations?
Our advocacy work is the cornerstone of what we do. Most of our members are so busy operating their companies and organizations that they rely on us to be their voice on issues that impact them. We’re always working to create the best possible, diverse business environment so that our members will thrive in this area of Broward County.
- Are the majority of your members small businesses?
Yes. Small businesses are the backbone of the Chamber, our community and the U.S. economy. Nearly 95% of our members employ 100 or fewer people. Through their Chamber membership they have the opportunity to network, meet with their elected officials and learn from their peers.
- How are Chamber programs and services financed?
All of our revenue is derived from annual membership dues, special events, sponsorships and management agreements. Membership dues are dependent on the size and nature of your business organization. We’re a membership-based not-for-profit 501(c)(6) organization. We do not receive any local, state or federal tax dollars, and we are not subsidized by any government entities.
- Do membership dues support Chamber affiliate organizations?
No. We have two affiliate organizations that support our mission and vision: the South Florida Business Partnership Legislative Action Committee, and the South Broward Foundation (formerly known as the Chamber Scholarship Fund). They each have their own governing structure and funding mechanisms. In some cases, we provide them with office space and some administrative staff time.
- Is the Chamber affiliated with the government?
No. The Chamber is an independent nonprofit business organization that is committed to economic and community development as well as supporting the business community in Broward County. We are not affiliated with any local, county, or state government. However, city governments are welcome to be members of our chamber organization, as they have a vested interest in the prosperity of the business community as well.
- Does the Chamber have a legislative agenda?
Yes. Our Government and Legislative Affairs Committee develops the annual agenda based on an input process and presents it to our Executive Committee. The Executive Committee provides input and the agenda is then presented to and reviewed by the Chamber Board. Once it has been approved, it is published on our website.
- How is the Chamber governed?
The Weston FL Chamber is governed by a Governance Committee, which has representation on the Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. The 17-person Board of Directors is composed of leaders from diverse industries around the county. They are elected by our membership and meet monthly to help us chart our course. We also have a 5-member Executive Committee of officers that also meets monthly. The policies adopted by the Board of Directors are implemented by the Chamber’s paid staff.
- Can I get a list of Chamber members?
It is the policy of the Chamber not to distribute information about our members to non-members. However, our Member Directory is fully searchable online, and we publish a community magazine and directory annually. Chamber Mailing lists are available for purchase by members only. We do NOT provide email lists.
- Why would I need to join the Chamber?
Now, more than ever, building substantive relationships is crucial to sustaining and growing your business. The Chamber provides opportunities for you to meet with new contacts, whether it's networking or gaining education through training opportunities or leadership programs. Learn more about why at https://westonflchamber.com/why-join.
- How do I join the Chamber?
It's easy for businesses, nonprofits, or individuals to join the Chamber. Simply fill out the online application and become a member today!
- What benefits and services do I get as a member of the Chamber?
Our Chamber has many networking events, trainings, and committee meetings through the month, offering many opportunities to grow your business. Descriptions of the membership benefits and discounts are available on our website, or by contacting a staff member at (954) 432-9808.
- I've forgotten my password for the Member Access Area. How can I find out what it is?
There are several ways to recover access to the Members Only area.
- In the Login page, click on "Forgot Your Username/Password" and enter your email address to receive a password reset email.
- Call our office at (954) 432-9808 and request a password reset.
- If you are new to your company, call our office to be added to the member organization and request an invitation to set up your online account.
- As a member of this Chamber, does that make me a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce?
Yes. Our Chamber has partnered with the U.S. Chamber through the Federation Partnership Program. Because the U.S. Chamber is not a parent organization of other chambers, not all state, metro, or local chambers are members of the U.S. Chamber. As a member of our Chamber, you receive a complimentary U.S. Chamber small business membership.
- Are membership dues and other investments in the Chamber of Commerce tax deductible?
Contributions to the Chamber are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution, but may be deductible as a business expense. The Chamber does not solicit or accept funds earmarked for political purposes.
- If my company is a member, does that mean I am a member too?
Yes! When a company becomes a Chamber member, all individuals employed at that company's address are considered Chamber members and receive privileges of membership.
- Are Chamber meeting spaces available for public use?
Our office meeting space is available for use, along with other presentation items such as projectors and screens. We charge a minimal fee for usage, and space is available for our members and affiliates only. Please contact our office for more information on rentals.
- How do I use the Member Portal?
Please see our guide to the Membership Portal to begin using your member profile on our website. Download Guide.
- How do I renew my membership online?
It's easy to renew online by visiting the “Member Login” link at the top of this page. Once logged in and in the Pay My Bills section, you will be able to pay any open invoices. If you are unable to renew online, you can mail a check or call our Finance Manager to pay over the phone at (954) 432-9808.
- How can I advertise my product/service to Chamber members?
The Chamber provides many opportunities for advertising to members. Please visit our Advertising page for more information.
- How can I post my events on the Chamber's Community Calendar?
- Click on the “Member Login” tab located in the top menu of this page.
- Input your username and password.
- Once logged in, select “Submit an Event".
- Complete the information as directed, then click Submit.
- Your request will be approved and should be on the Community Calendar the following business day.
- How can I get more involved with a committee or leads group?
Committee descriptions are posted on the Committee page, where you can also apply to be considered for a spot on the committee. Most committee positions are reviewed before the beginning of the fiscal year, which begins on July 1st. Leads groups have rolling admissions, and positions are applied for directly with the group leadership. Find a group to visit, or visit them all, on our Leads page.
- How can Chamber members offer discounts on their products and services for other members to utilize?
Members can post discounts/coupons for others to use by submitting a Coupon deal. Coupons are published on our website in the Member Directory and the Coupon page.
To post your Coupon:
- Click on the “Member Login” tab located on the Home page.
- Input your username and password.
- Once logged in, choose Add a Coupon from the list of options on the top menu.
- Complete the boxes as directed, then click Submit.
- Your request will be approved and should be available for viewing by each Thursday.
- How do I find out about upcoming chamber events?
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters that will provide all of the information you need on upcoming events and how to register. You can also check our Calendar of Events for this month's trainings and networking opportunities.
- How do I find out more information on Leadership South Broward?
Our Leadership South Broward program runs from October to May of each year. Applications are available in August and due by the end of September. For more information, visit the Leadership South Broward page.
- How can I update my company's information on our directory listing?
Login to the Member Access area to update your company and personal profile information. If you do not have a login, contact our office at (954) 432-9808 and you will be given an invitation to register and create your profile.
- How do I use the Chamber logo to promote my company's membership?
Members are encouraged to use the Chamber logo with "Member of" included to promote your affiliation. There are several ways to utilize the Chamber logo. Download a logo file for use on your website or printed materials. Please review our Style Guide for proper usage of our logo.
- How do I pay an invoice?
Checks for open invoices can be mailed to 9001-B Pembroke Road, Pembroke Pines, FL 33025. Invoices are also payable online by logging in to your Member Access area, and selecting Pay My Bills. If you have any billing questions, please contact the Finance Manager at (954) 432-9808.
- How do I register for an event? Who can attend Chamber events?
Event registration is accessible through our Calendar of Events. Click on the event that you're interested in and click the blue Register Now button. Login with your membership credentials in order to receive members-only pricing.
There are some Chamber programs and events that are open to members only as a benefit of their investment. However, most networking events are open to non-members at a higher cost of attendance. Non-members may only attend three events a year before being asked to join our organization. If non-member registration is allowed for an event, there will be a guest registration login when attempting to register for an event.
- Does the Chamber help with ribbon cuttings and grand opening events?
Yes. The Chamber is happy to assist members in planning and executing events to celebrate a grand opening, relocation, remodel, or anniversary. For more information on these events, visit our Ribbon Cuttings page.